Product marketing is tedious and time-consuming. That’s why high-performing marketers use innovative tools to drive results. In fact, 58% of marketers use automation software to upsell products. And three-quarters of companies surveyed by Social Media Today use marketing automation.
Product marketing tools allow product marketers to carry out complex tasks fast. They also monitor audience behavior, generate leads and make conversion easier.
Whether you’re an enterprise or a startup, this article will find various SEO, Automation, Scheduling, Listening and CRM tools that fit your product marketing strategy and budget. These tools will place you right in front of your audience.
Product Marketing Tools — Explained
Product marketing tools help you aggregate, develop and promote information about your products and services to stimulate customer success and drive purchases.
For instance, social media listening tools like Hootsuite allow you to monitor customers, interact and respond to their demands.
Types of Product Marketing Tools
Different product marketing tools perform various functions. This is because some software serves specialized purposes.
However, product marketing tools are categorized based on channels, marketing goals and other marketing needs.
Lead Generation Tools
Converting visitors into leads and subsequently into customers is the goal of marketing. Lead Generation helps you gather and filter through visitors most likely to convert.
Like a net, they separate the churns in marketing. Tools like Leadpages, Netherton, Unbounce, and others fall into this category.
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Tools
The sales department is among the largest in an organization. And holding team members accountable can be complex. But you have less to worry about with CRM tools like Zoho, Hubspot, Salesforce, and several others.
You can get all prospects and qualified leads into one spreadsheet– even monitor customers’ journeys for easy conversion.
Social Media Tools
Social media is the new word of mouth. Like traditional societies, people follow people to imitate their lifestyle, and can share and react to information about brands.
So brands are constantly joining and engaging in discussions around their business to maintain reputation and sustain audience perception.
Few platforms allow you to create a FOMO around your brand, like social media.
Several social media scheduling and listening tools can help you get the most out of social media platforms.
For instance, you can create aesthetic designs on Canva, schedule them on Buffer and monitor audience engagement on Hootsuite.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tools
Creating quality content is a waste of time if it does not impact your business. With SEO tools you can identify which of your content is performing, what keyword to use, and where and how to adjust your landing pages and content.
Tools like Ahref, SEMRush, Google Analytics, ClickFlow and so on, allow you to optimize and monitor website performance.
Why are Marketing Tools Important?
Marketing tools help you inform your target audience about your products and services. They do this by creating awareness in the mind of your target audience which in turn helps you maximize profit.
Statistics On Product Marketing Tools Every Marketer Should Know
Here are statistics on how businesses and Product Marketers leverage advanced tools in their marketing:
- Three-quarters of businesses use at least one kind of marketing automation tool. [Source]
- 480,000 websites use at least one marketing automation tool. [Source]
- 58% of marketers use automation software to convert more customers. [Source]
- As marketers prioritize leads when choosing a tool.76% of marketers see a positive ROI. [Source]
- Lead nurturing converts 15-20% of customers and 77% of marketers report an increase in conversions. [Source]
- 55.6% of companies don’t use automation due to lack of expertise. [Source]
15 Product Marketing Tools For Product Marketers
Based on research and experience marketing products, I compiled these tools to help you ace your product marketing game.
MailChimp is an email marketing tool that helps you create emails that convert with less effort. It helps you manage and talk to your clients, customers, and prospects by creating funnels for lead generation and automated campaigns.
MailChimp helps you manage contact, design and launch campaigns, and as well analyse data.
What Does MailChimp Do?
- MailChimp can be used to create a custom domain for your brand. It can also be used for the launching of your website.
- Your one-stop for building landing pages, emails, adverts, and many more.
- It helps you in creating awesome content with its easy to use designing tool
- Send a personalized automated message to your audience.
- Gives you insight into which strategy was more effective, which wasn’t.
- It can be very effective in sending product recommendations to your consumers. To use this feature, you need to link your eCommerce website to MailChimp.
- MailChimp comes with a free plan that enables you to send 12000 emails every month.
- The paid version starts from as little as $10 per month. The version perfect for you depends on what you need it for.
Certainly is an AI conversational tool that allows you to sell more, faster and smarter. Its bot-building platform makes it easy for you to monitor and use insights.
Certainly allows you to integrate with CRM, ERPs and other marketing software.
What Does Certainly Do?
- It allows 24/7 presence across multiple channels when you’re needed most.
- Certainly allows you to get first party data from users.
- It allows integration with your e-commerce.
- It uses multilingual AI to detect customers’ language.
- Essential plan: Allows you to get all essential features at $500/month.
- Business plan: Get more live bots and analytics API at $990.
- For enterprise you can request a quote from the team.
Ahrefs is an SEO tool that helps you with everything about SEO. It helps you dig deeper when performing backlink research and provides traffic estimations for all pages ranking in the top ten.
Ahrefs contains tools for link building, keyword research, competitor analysis, rank tracking and site audits.
What Does Ahrefs do?
- It performs a site audit to help you optimize your website.
- Its site explorer helps you analyze your competitor’s website.
- The Keyword Explorer helps you examine what your consumers are searching for, their questions.
- Its content explorer feature is used to learn from various top-performing content in your industry. Teaching you content that works and how they’re structured.
- It allows you to easily monitor your ranking, inbound and outdoor links.
- It allows you to run a test trial at $7 for 7 days.
- Lite Version: This version costs $99/month and allows you to run 5 campaigns.
- Advanced Version: This version lets you run several campaigns at $399/month.
- Agency Version: This version costs $999/month and allows you to run 100 and 25 campaigns respectively.
Calendly is a scheduling tool that allows you to automate your scheduling with leads without having to send back-and-forth emails. You can meet, win, and serve qualified leads when it matters.
What Does Calendly Do?
- Allows you to set up meetings with qualified leads immediately with Salesforce integration and Chrome extension.
- Calendly helps you add calls to action when messaging prospects.
- Boost productivity of your sales and support team.
- Basic plan: Lifetime free for beginners.
- Premium plan: For individuals or small teams needing customization and advanced features. It costs $8/month.
- Pro plan: For teams and businesses with additional scheduling needs. It costs $12/month.
- Enterprise: For large businesses with advanced security, control, and support needs. Contact the team for a customised solution.
OptinMonster generates more subscribers, leads and sales from website visitors. You can convert website traffic into leads, and eventually customers.
It allows you to create popup forms, email subscription forms, sticky announcement bar, gamified spin a wheel opt-in forms, and other types of interactive pop ups for your site.
What Does OptinMonster Do?
- It helps you with OnSite Retargeting and Personalisation.
- OptiMonster allows you to redirect traffic on your website.
- It allows you to carry out A/B testing with your headlines.
- You can create a lead capture form with OptinMonster.
- Basic plan: Gives you essential tools to capture leads at $9/month.
- Plus plan: Get more features for business growth at $29/month.
- Pro plan: Access to advanced features and for more users at $29.
- Growth plan: Get all the tools necessary to scale quickly and fast at $49.
SEMrush is a content marketing and online visibility tool. It helps you create engaging content for your audience while optimizing your visibility.
With SEMrush, you can carry out SEO reviews, PPC, SMM, Keyword Research, Competitive Research, PR, Content Marketing, Marketing Insights, Campaign Management.
What Does SEMrush Do?
- It helps you find your competitors and their top-performing content as well as keywords.
- SEMrush helps you perform detailed audience-focused keyword research that assists you in creating useful content for your audience.
- It helps you uncover what makes your competitors get results. From their backlinking strategy to their link-building strategy.
- Pro Subscription: This subscription allows you to perform various SEO tasks. It costs $99.95/month.
- Guru Plan: If you or your agency are looking to provide branded reports then this plan is perfect. It starts at $199.95/month
- Business Plan: It starts at $399.95/month.
BuzzSumo is a marketing tool that helps you with content that works and ranks, it also shows you content that doesn’t work. It also shows you how top-performing marketers increase productivity and content success.
For instance, you can discover new keywords, trending stories, customer questions and content success and as well monitor brand performance.
What Does BuzzSumo Do?
- It helps you with high-performing content that will get you more reads, likes, links, and share.
- One of its features is research that focuses on analyzing data points to help improve your marketing strategy.
- Influencers are the trending go-to during branding or campaigns. BuzzSumo helps you spot influential people that will help you with your brand.
- Track trends and comments so you can respond rapidly and not miss any opportunity.
- Pro Subscription: Run as many content searches as you can with this subscription. It starts at $79/month
- Large Plan: This plan costs $239/month and is perfect for you if setting up a good number of alerts is in your plan.
Ubersuggest is a marketing tool that focuses on driving traffic to your site. It shows you how to win with SEO by making keywords suggestions.
What Does Ubersuggest Do?
- It provides you with information that helps you gain an edge over your competitors. This includes strategies that work for top performers in your industry.
- It prevents you from wasting your time writing content that no one will read. With a top-page report that helps you discover which of your competitor’s content is loved by various sites like Facebook.
- Get content ideas by studying top content in your industry for specific keywords. So you can create content your audience is interested in.
- It’s Free
HubSpot CRM is inbound marketing, sales, and customer service. It enables users to organize, track and build better relationships with leads and customers.
Users can manage contacts in a customizable database while running sales, marketing, customer service, and content management.
Hubspot is designed to help your business grow without compromise.
What Does Hubspot Do?
- It helps you convert more visitors and also grow traffic.
- Automation of various tasks you dislike.
- Helps you gain insight into your prospects and close more deals.
- It helps you turn your customers from just customers to promoters of your products or services.
- It creates a personalized experience for your customers.
- Starter Package: This costs $35/month
- Professional Package: This costs $800 per month
- Enterprise Package: This costs $3200/month
Hootsuite is a social media management tool that helps you schedule posts across your various social media networks with just a few clicks.
What Does Hootsuite Do?
- Building a strong social media following depends on how regular your post is. Hootsuite helps you grow your following with quality content.
- This tool is effective in monitoring various social media trends and conversations as well as brand mentions. It helps you stay connected to your audience and provides you with information that gets you in front of your prospective audience.
- The social analytics dashboard provides you information on top-performing content as well as insights as to why they’re top-performing.
- Professional: This costs $29/month
- Team: This costs $129/month
- Business: This costs $599/month
Google Analytics is a free tool that helps you make informed and smarter decisions that will be beneficial to you, your product, or your services. This is done through data analysis.
What Does Google Analytics Do?
- It provides you with information that helps you understand your users and consumers. This also helps you in checking the performance of your marketing content.
- It provides you with unique insights you can only get from Google. This insight helps you in making the most of your data.
- It works together with Google Ads so you can use your insight to derive results.
- It is FREE to use
Screaming Frog is a website crawler that performs technical SEO audits. It audits your site for common SEO issues and helps you improve SEO on-site.
What Does Screaming Frog Do?
- It crawls both large and small websites searching for key onsite data that will help you make SEO-informed decisions.
- Screaming Frog finds server errors and broken links.
- It helps you find temporary and permanent redirects.
- Their tools analyze meta descriptions and pick out meta descriptions that are too long, short, or missing. It also analyses page titles.
- It finds low-content pages and helps you discover duplicate content.
- Free Version: This allows you to run 500 URLs.
- Paid Version: This runs unlimited crawling and costs £149 which is about $195.
ClickFlow is a marketing tool that helps you grow your traffic through clicks from searches on the web, organic traffic as well as traffic-driving content.
What Does ClickFlow Do?
- Run split tests into different enticing title tags and meta descriptions to help grow organic traffic.
- Identify content declining instead of gaining traffic.
- Helps you cut through the noise and gain traffic.
- ClickFlow provides you with a quote on how much it’s going to cost you to use their services.
Salesforce is a CRM tool that brings you and your customer closer. It provides customer relationship management service. And a complementary suite of enterprise applications focused on customer service, marketing automation, analytics, and application development.
It is a web-based CRM application that enables users to forecast revenues and track leads.
What Does Salesforce Do?
- Gives you leads while helping you close more deals.
- Develops an effective sale cycle for you.
- It helps you closely monitor your customer’s conversations.
- It helps you discern sales opportunities and ranks them in their order of importance.
- Sales Essentials: This plan starts at $25/month
- Lightning Professional: This plan starts at $75/month
Google Keyword Planner
Google Keyword Planner is a tool that works as the name implies. It helps you choose the right keyword to put your content or adverts in front of the target audience/ customers.
What Does Google Keyword Planner Do?
- It helps you find keywords that are used by those in your industry.
- The tools provide you with insight into how often a keyword is a search for.
- It contains a forecast section that estimates how many clicks you’ll receive on each keyword used.
- Google Keyword Planner is is FREE, although to access it you would need to create a Google Ads account.
Several businesses use these tools to beat the competition in their category. Here are some case studies you can draw inspiration from.
Amazon SEO Case Study
During the first quarter of this year, 2021, Amazon reported a 43% increase in net sales.
How did they do this?
Basically, through SEO. Amazon’s growth and increase in sales are based on its detailed approach to SEO. Targeting the millions of keywords that bring in traffic like no other.
Your no 1 e-commerce site focuses on gaining insights about its audience and turning them into loyal customers.
Uber CRM Case Study
Uber makes use of Salesforce to bring their customers closer to them
Salesforce automatically collects users of Uber data and creates an adaptive weekly forecast. This tool helps find more leads for Uber while developing a more effective sales cycle.
AdHoc Email Marketing Case Study
Email marketing allows you to get insights into what works for your business.
Using MailChimp, AdHoc could use its audience data to target people strategically. This helped them grow their audience by 93%.
British Museum Social Media Management Case Study
Building a strong social media presence is essential in this century as most of your audience can be found on social media.
Hootsuite was able to increase the social media engagement of the British Museum by 126%. This was made possible through a social media strategy focused on customer service and audience engagement.
Each tool listed above is geared towards a specific purpose ranging from SEO, CRM, Email Marketing, Social Media Management, and so on.
While some perform two or more functions, if you’re looking to be a high-performing marketer or you’re on your way to becoming one then you need more than one of the above tools.
Now that you have tool up your product marketing expertise, to get the desirable from adopting any of these tools, you need to align your product marketing goal to the solution each provides.
You’re not alone if you’re still puzzled about which tool to start with. A study shows 20% of agencies struggle to find the right marketing tool. That’s why I’m here to help.
Meanwhile, Break those silos. Your success as a Product Marketer depends on your product marketing plan, team efforts, creativity, and collaboration across departments in your organization.